W Himalajach - Czesc Dalsza

After the first hard day, some people were terrified of what will be coming up next.
But the second day was pretty easy going, we walked no more than 4-5 hours.
We stopped for lunch and after a short break we were expecting to continue walking but the guides indicated that this will be our camp place for tonight.
Yep, that night we were scheduled to sleep in tents.


Within an hour the porters build a whole tent city.
They put together our sleeping tents, their kitchen tent, dining tent, restroom tent and finally a shower tent. 
Since we didn't shower for a couple of days (in lodges there was only freezing cold water and no heating so nobody was eager to shower :) so when the guys asked if we wanted a warm shower we all jumped on that idea.
It was pretty surreal. 
We each got a bucket of warm water and a pouring cup and were sent to the shower tent.
It was still sunny and warm  outside and the experience of that shower in the nature was so refreshing.
So pleasant.

 No picture of the shower tent, so here is only the pic with my tent.


After that we got to chill, have cookies and tea and watch the sunset.
The views were beautiful.
For dinner we met in our dining tent.
It was getting cold by then so we bundled up.
We laughed that we looked like in the Everest base camp.
The best part about trekking and camping is that by 8pm everyone is so pooped and done that we all went to bed with chickens. 
I never go to sleep at 8pm but I was more than ready on that trip (count in the jet leg too).
The night was uneventful and I slept like a brick until the morning (unlike some other people who were apparently not huge fans of the camping sleeping).

Dinner at our base camp tent


Like every morning, we were awaken by our servers who came with coffee and tea cups plus warm water for washing. 

These guys were seriously the kindest people ever, so friendly, so happy to be there (and make money), so helpful. They served a group of women without any hint of attitude.
They took their job very seriously and we could not be happier.
As you see they carried all of our bags, the camping equipment, the kitchen and basically everything to make this trip successful.
For our 8 trekkers, there were 15 porters, cooks, servers, and guides.

We relied on the porters for keeping us safe and healthy.
They cooked all of our meals (3 per day), they boiled water and filled our bottle waters.
Despite the trekking conditions they kept everything clean and hygienic.
Again none of us got any stomach or other health issues. 


The remaining trekking days were not as strenuous at that first day.
And although we walked some long distances  - 17 miles one day (27 km) -- it wasn't so steep.
Yes, we would walk up or down the whole time but it was manageable. 
Once you get into that pace, that walking peace of mind, there is nothing stopping you.
We passed in remote villages, old and young people, smiling and saying "Namaste!"
There is something magical about discovering a new country on foot.

Overall it was the adventure, the natural beauty, the spiritual experience and the company's top notch organization that made this trip so memorable.
I can't wait to get back to Nepal next year but for now onward -- new trips await!

Popularne posty