Letter to my first child

Dearest Adam*,

I am so proud of you my son.
My first son, my first child.
I remember the day you were born so clearly.
They put you on my belly and time stopped, ground shifted and my entire life changed. 
I gazed at your beautiful face and realized I knew you all along. 
And from that day onward there was only one thing I was completely certain of:
I will love you forever!

:

I am begging time to stand still, or at least to slow down, but it doesn't.
You are growing up. 
You are ten now, almost eleven.
You are so big and independent.
And smart, talented, funny.
Yes, there were times when you talked back to me.
Or stomped your feet and yelled.
But there was never time when you felt that you are too big for hugs and snuggles.
You still share them freely and generously.
And this is the best part of my day.

:

My heart is happy when I see your love for your siblings.
You are best buddies now and I truly hope you will always be.
I love your inventor's zeal and passion.
You're always full of ideas on what to build or create from a tree house, to zip lines to go carts.
Your love of cooking is astonishing to me.
Your definitely did not inherit that from me :) 
Keep cooking, Honey - your meals are the delicious!

:

Now listen to me closely, Adam.
You are amazing.
I look at you and see who you are going to be someday -- a good human being.
Your heart is pure.
You will figure out your calling and passion in life and will follow it.
There might be stumbles or rude people along the way that will tell you that you 'can't'.
But don't worry, that's part of the journey, get up, shake it off and keep moving FORWARD!
And when you need a helping hand, a shoulder to cry, or an ear to listen just come to me --
I will always be there for you!


All my love,

Mom



*From the series of "letters to my children"

Popularne posty