To my daughter

My Dearest Sophia*, 

When I come home, I first see you through the kitchen window.
Sitting at the table and doing some art projects.
Concentrated, little fingers gluing, cutting, coloring.
When you notice me, your face lights up and even though I cannot hear you, 
I know that you are yelling:
MOMMY!
By the time I get to the door, you are already waiting there and we have a full round of hugs, kisses, smiles, and
how-are-yous.
:
Sophia, when I close my eyes, I always have the same picture of you.
It immediately brings smile to my face.
Even now, I am smiling.
When I close my eye, I see you dancing cheerfully.
Playing our family favorite "dance freeze"
Hands and legs flying (uncoordinated slightly :) in different directions. 
Your face and eye smiling happily.
Yes, your eyes can smile too.
And that's my absolute favorite about you.
:
Sophia, you are everything to me and more.
Everything that I dreamed of.
When I found out that we will have a girl that's how I imagined you.
The girly, happy, independent, bubbly, confident, beautiful YOU!
:
When I think about your future, I am very curious what will you decide to do.
I know that you will pick right.
Whatever you decide you will do it well.
You are so smart and determined.
Even now at the ripe age of four and a half, you know EXACTLY what you want.
:
I hope to stay your friend along the way.
I love how your mommy is the most important person now.
You are always coming for kisses and hugs because "Mommy, we are girls!"
I hope we can be close even when you are older.
And remember
I will always always support you.
And I will always always love you!
:
Mom





* Letters to my children. I will write to each one, in English, hoping they will read one day.



Popularne posty